Bulldawg Box Program
Bulldawg Box allows customers to register for a reusable, environmentally safe, sustainable to-go container in lieu of disposable containers. Boxes, available at the cashier station, must be returned in exchange for a new box at each visit.
Beginning May 17, 2021 students may register for the Bulldog Box program by visiting the One Stop Shop on Tate Plaza. The program will be available at Oglethorpe Dining Commons (open for May Session, Monday – Friday) and will continue throughout the Summer Sessions, beginning June 7, 2021 at the Village Summit and Bolton Dining Commons.
- To-Go Meal for the existing meal period - allows students 15 minutes to fill their container. If the student is on an upper-level or Commuter meal plan, after the 15 minutes, a second meal/block will be charged.
- To-Go Meal for the next meal period – you will be able to enjoy your current meal, then fill your container for your next meal.
By providing UGA Dining Services customers a reusable, environmentally safe, sustainable to-go container, UGA Dining Services is hoping to create additional value for our customers by providing a new way to get a meal at our Dining Commons while decreasing the volume of waste that currently fills our landfills. The switch to reusable To-Go containers takes us one step further on our journey to going green!
About The Box
The box is microwave and dishwasher safe and is made of 30% recycled material, there is no BPA, melamine, or heavy metals or any toxic components in the material, and the container itself is recyclable at the end of its usage.
How The Program Works
- To register for the program, students, faculty or staff, must visit the Auxiliary Services One-Stop-Shop on Tate Plaza or inquire with a cashier at a dining commons location.
- Once registered, when you come to a dining commons for a meal, tell the cashier that you want to get a To Go Meal BEFORE you use the Iris camera to enter.
- There are two meal options
- To-Go Meal for the existing meal period — you will have 15 minutes to fill your container or a second meal/block will be charged.
- To-Go Meal for the next meal period — you will be able to enjoy your current meal, then fill your container to take your next meal to go.
- Based upon your selection, the cashier will charge your account accordingly.
- If you have already used a Bulldawg Box for a meal period, you can no longer take a Bulldawg Box meal for that same period.
- This program is available at Bolton Dining Commons, Oglethorpe Dining Commons, the Village Summit Dining Commons (Monday - Friday only), Snelling Dining Commons (Monday - Friday only), and the Niche (for Health Sciences Campus residents, faculty or staff, only).
Rules of the Program
- To participate in this program, you will receive a to-go container at no fee. Should you lose/misplace your container, a $5 replacement fee will be charged. The program is available at Bolton Dining Commons, Oglethorpe Dining Commons, the Village Summit Dining Commons (Monday - Friday only), Snelling Dining Commons (Monday - Friday only), and The Niche at Scott Hall. Only those participating students that reside on the Health Sciences Campus and faculty and staff, will be able to participate at the Niche at Scott Hall.
- Once the container is used, trash or uneaten food should be discarded. The box should then be brought back to the dining commons and traded for a clean container each time he or she wants to use the take-out option.
- In the event that a container is returned but a take-out meal is not requested at that time, a virtual token will be issued that can be redeemed later for take-out. Upon request, customers will be provided a pre-packaged disposable utensil/napkin/salt/pepper kit.
- Customers may fill their container with the foods of their choice that are currently available during that service time but the lid must be able to close. Since most fruit does not fit into the container, all customers are allowed to take-out one piece as a part of their meal. Customers will be allowed to bring their own drink container to fill with a beverage of their choice.
- Take-out will be available to registered meal-plan participants at the cashier stand. Customers must request take-out before the card is swiped. Customers may not utilize take-out and consume a meal inside the dining hall on the same card swipe or payment.
- Take-out is not available during theme meals.
- Bottles, jars, and bulk containers, such as those containing spices, oils, vinegar, condiments, and honey should not be removed from the Dining Commons.
- To go box is not transferable to another meal plan user.
- Misuse of the program may result in loss of privileges.
Sign up at Auxiliary Services One Stop Shop on Tate Plaza.
Food Safety Practices
- To minimize the potential for pathogen growth, cold food needs to stay below 41°F, and hot food needs to stay above 135°F.
- All food items taken out should be consumed or refrigerated within two hours. Refrigerated leftovers should be consumed or discarded within two days.
- When reheating refrigerated food, the food must be reheated to at least 165°F within two hours of removing it from refrigeration.