Resuming Normal Operations for Fall 2021
The University is currently planning to transition to in-person instruction and full dining capacity for the Fall semester. We will continue to follow the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Georgia Department of Public Health (GDPH), and University System of Georgia (USG) guidelines and safely adjust operations when appropriate.
Last modified June 13, 2021, 9:08 a.m.
- We have converted available food stations to full-service lines
- We have redistributed and spaced out furniture and limited throughout dining facilities
- Sanitation practices include:
- We maintain an increased frequency of cleaning and sanitation of all areas, especially utensils, door handles, tables, and other surfaces
- We provide COVID-19 prevention supplies, such as soap, alcohol-based hand sanitizers, paper towels, and trash baskets in common areas, with all actively encouraged to utilize
- We provide additional hand-washing stations at dining locations
The University System has now updated its guidance on face coverings and social distancing in accordance with the advice provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on May 13, 2021. Effective immediately, fully vaccinated individuals can resume campus classes and other activities without physically distancing or wearing a mask. Unvaccinated individuals are strongly encouraged to continue socially distancing from others when possible and wearing a face covering while inside campus facilities.
The USG has indicated that summer courses may continue to observe appropriate levels of social distancing as determined by the institution. UGA will continue to follow social distancing this summer.
For UGA updates and prevention visit uga.edu/coronavirus.